Characteristics and Composition
PMET 994 (PWA 694) is a solid cobalt hardfacing wire. PMET 994 provided high strength and stability at temperatures up to 2100° F. Deposits of PMET 994 have outstanding resistance to wear, erosion, creep, thermal fatigue, and oxidation.
- PWA 694
- MSR 9500/226
- DMR 34.070
Typical Deposit Characteristics
- Abrasion Resistance – Good
- Corrosion Resistance – Good
- Erosion Resistance – Good
- Impact Resistance – Fair-poor
- Hardness – 47-54 HRC
- Gas turbine blades – shroud interlocking surface and other sites of wear.